Recipe: Peach-And-Ricotta Tartines
YIELD: Serves 4
TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the bread with olive oil and grill over high heat until toasted and charred in spots, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a work surface.
Brush the Peaches halves with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill cut side down over high heat until charred on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a work surface and let cool slightly, then cut into 1/2-inch wedges.
In a medium bowl, toss the peaches with the tomatoes, vinegar, tarragon and the 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season the salad with salt and pepper. Spread the ricotta on the grilled bread and spoon the apricot salad on top. Serve right away.